Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Why Do I Like Movies So Much?

  Since I was a little girl, I was constantly glued to the television screen. I was mostly sick with things that could be cured with antibiotics like PneumoniaSinus Infections, and of course the favorite illness for little children would have to be along the lines of Tonsillitis because you get free ice cream and Strep Throat because that gives you inflamed tonsils to begin with. I could always be healthy for one year and then have one or two illnesses the next year. But whatever illness I had, I got a nice warm blanket, soup and soda a day, and twelve hours of movies until I was sick for too long and then I had to do homework.

 Movies were always my past time since I lived in a home where I had enough privileges that I could get away with watching too much TV for the purpose of making me feel better while the days went by. I personally had some favorite movies I would play over and over again like Kiki's Delivery Service and Alice In Wonderland because one, I enjoyed having an imagination and two, I like films that are more than just American movies like the popular Japanese Miyazaki films. Especially when you have seen those Scooby-Doo movies that you would want to see once, but you could also play again if you choose.
  But why so many movies in one day? Well, what would you do if you were sick? You probably never went outside or even got out of the position you were in because you were so tired all the time. But there is also another reason why movies are so popular with me, they explain a lot about different philosophies or morals that have been implanted in Christian values that are still currently active in the modern age of society. So if you think films like Do The Right Thing  or Big Fish are not labeled as Christian movies to you, they kinda are since they focus on two aspects on modern ethics and Christian morals. I am not here to convert you to Christianity or talk more into Christian values and morals that people should follow, I'm just saying what is and what is not the common meaning behind some of the movies you might have seen in childhood or in your adult life.

 When you think of movies, you often go to movies you have seen in childhood or movies that might have placed a value in your life that drives you to become a successful pawn in the game of the twenty first century society. All I know is that movies are always going to be part of my life because of how much importance in what makes me a person has been implemented in and out of my life experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment